November 21, 2005

Variety

I have been browsing a number of blogs these past days and I really am amused at how much some bloggers actually put in their entries to advertise themselves. Just a few of the archetypes I noticed:

  • D' ARTISTE


"I am a very artistic, adventurous, and sensitive person. I love books, I love reading, and I love writing that's why i'm a writer. I'm an artist. See the very long piece of crap I wrote about me that can be summed up in two sentences? And don't forget the higfallutin' words I use that'll make you and the thesaurus the best of friends when reading my piece. I know  'fire' is a perfectly recognizable alternative for 'conflagration' but it's so pedestrian and too common a word fit for pederasts. I won't lower myself to that level, thank you very much. That's the mark of a true artist. Uncompromising. Bold. Brilliant. Like me."



  • THE ANGST-RIDDEN SENSITIVE SOUL a.k.a  highschool whining redux


This is the most cringe-worthy type of journal entries that'll make even Trent Reznor blush with embarrassment. You get gloom-laden titles like "in pain", "denial", "depressed" and the like with this person. As if real depressed people actually like sharing their disillusionment and misery in a very public domain like this. I'm no psychiatrist but i know real hopeless individuals are up to their armpits with thinking about their problems I doubt the thought of logging on and surfing the net even occurred to them. Unlike the pompous posturing of the people who belong to the group above, this type also likes show a little literary weight by going the tortured soul routine. These are the types who think subtlety is their forte and gives an amused "oh really?" when commended with being able to write 'beautifully' by fellow miserables who are also waiting for commendations from the person they gave one to. Hey, man, if Hemingway and Kurt Cobain did it, so can I...!


  • BLANCO Y NEGRO


Bloggers who opened an account without writing anything on the blog.



  • APRIL FOOLERS


At first glance, you'd think the blogger is a prolific writer. More than five entries in a month? Wow! That's a great feat considering I myself can barely eke out one entry in 30 days. Until you opened the articles and discovered they were just copy+pasted entries probably taken from their Friendster bulletin board. Haha! joke's on you, twerp! Add 100 damage if it's one of those lengthy proses about love and the Chicken Soup-type of crap that is a very common favorite among forwarded messages



  • ECONOMISTS

.
I am guilty of this practice. Putting in less than 30 words for the sake of having an entry. I'll even write about how i brushed my teeth if it came to that.

No comments:

Tarzan, Ghostbusters receive revitalizing shots

The Legend Of Tarzan Having read the original origin story of the Edgar Rice Burroughs classic, I initially thought the movie was a direct...